The International Railway Bridge carries a railway line across the Niagara River between Fort Erie, Ontario and Buffalo, New York. It was built in 1873 for the International Bridge Company by Casimir Stanislaus Gzowski and D.L. MacPherson.
The bridge consists of two sections, the first extending from the Canadian shore to Squaw Island, NY, and the second extending from Squaw Island to the American mainland shore. The portion between these was originally built on a trestle, but was filled to form an embankment soon after the bridge opened. Once on the American mainland, rail traffic is received by the Black Rock Rail Yard. The CN Rail Fort Erie Yard for interchange (shops and roundhouse) is now closed.